“The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)” by Hal Elrod offers a fresh new perspective on combining tried and true best practices into one morning routine. His goal is to amp up & ramp up your personal performance, productivity, and life focus. For real estate investors, his techniques can help minimize stress, create better focus, and enable more achievement in business plans.
Elrod’s approach requires commitment and belief in the power of simple yet presumably effective techniques. These can be effective life changers, though sticking to them every day within a busy lifestyle can be the biggest challenge. Perseverance and persistence is critical.
His book bounces around on a few different but related topics, including his inspiring story about how he rose from bad situations and turned lemons into lemonade, how and why most people don’t have meaningful and fulfilling lives, and why it is so important to have a life where waking up early should be exciting and invigorating instead of a dreaded chore.
Then he delves into his 6 recommended practices, summarized as “Life S.A.V.E.R.S.”. He recommends that these be performed everyday, perhaps over the course of an early hour but scaled to fit whatever time you can make available.
- Silence: Meditation with mindful quiet.
- Affirmations: Repeated vocalizations of your power, capability, and essential inherent greatness.
- Visualizations: Taking affirmations the next step by visualizing both the near term and long term future outcomes that you want to occur.
- Exercise: Exercise to keep the body healthy and mind highly performing.
- Reading: Read to expand the mind, bring new insights, and lead to up-leveling action.
- Scribing: Write a small journal to plan, reflect, and improve.
Elrod also includes a 30 day challenge, discussesaccountability partners, welcomes people to his online support community, and provides pointers for sticking with the program.
For real estate investors, these techniques provide a more focused mind, healthy lifestyle, and direction toward the real estate business that you want to attain. It encourages increasing your mindshare while reflecting and acting for taking next big steps.